Monday, January 17, 2011

i'm on the mend

i have been rather introspective lately. the changes in my life are almost too much to comprehend. i'm divorced, i'm in love, i am love, i am a burning spear. which one of those on which day is another story. it's just too fucking much to comprehend all at once. slowly starting to crawl around and see what i'm made of deep down. so in my soul searching as of late i've been inspired to write. here, there, whenever. for some reason, i wanted to post this one for posterity. sort of like holding your breath and waiting to exhale. i'm exhaling and now i can fill my lungs again. this time with virgin air. 

on the mend
 
i'm here
one more day that i've survived
i'm breathing on my own
wake me
wake me with my name
was it your voice that whispered
was it your fire against my cheek
i'm here
are you ready
dizzy spinning
wheels turning
end over end
close your eyes and stay a while
we will wander
after all
we are not permanent
set me on fire
my soul will not burn
dark and pooling
glorious and naked
the wheels come off
but i'm on the mend
stitches and glue
where does the water end
and i begin
catch it and mend it
can you catch water
i'm on the mend

No comments:

Post a Comment