Tuesday, May 18, 2010

may 18th...klutz


Current mood:  dorky 
 
it's true. i'm a total and complete klutz. when i was a little girl, i had more bumps and bruises and scrapes than any other girl in class. i remember going into third grade and wondering why all the other little girls didn't have bruised up shins and scrapes on their knees. i thought it most peculiar that these girls didn't go outside to play. i mean, why else would their legs be so shiny and blemish free?

as a matter of fact, it is still one of the main reasons that i don't wear skirts often. that and the fact that my upper thighs are so fat right now that they create a great deal of friction and that just doesn't feel good. nothing worse than a sweaty nether region in the hot summer months.

i've had broken bones, bruises, scratches, scrapes, burns. i've gone under the knife to repair, remove and fix a good majority of my body. had my first surgery at the age of 15 when i had my arthroscopic knee surgery. i had torn out all of the cartilage in both knees and part of the meniscus and knee cap in my right knee were especially bad. back story...i danced with the florida ballet in jacksonville as an apprentice at the ripe old age of 12 1/2. my body was already washed up by 15...a whole separate blog.

my latest endeavor into klutz-ism happened last monday morning. i was standing on a child size solid wood chair, continuing my mural painting for the preschool when i missed my footing and came crashing down onto the chair. my shin was scraped but nothing too serious in that department. however, i came down on the chair with my weight and now have a bone "bruise" on the front of my shin and one on the back of my calf. so i picked myself up, came home, got the small cut cleaned up, neosporined the hell out of it and bandaged for the day. next day the bandage came off (i fucking hate bandaids) and i went on my merry way.

the week come and goes. sunday switch and i decided to take a trip to savannah to catch up with his old buddies....who are fucking awesome! think i love him even more now that i've met his eclectic entourage. anyhoooo, while on the drive i notice that my bruise is more painful, that it is now turning a bright red and becoming hot to the touch. could it be that it is simply part of the healing? wishful thinking. by the time we returned that night, i was in tears. the pain was excruciating, jetting up my leg past the knee and down into my foot. it was red, swollen and i actually became rather worried.

woke up yesterday and went immediately to the doctor who gave me the prognosis. the cut which was such a small part of this injury is now infected. and when i say infected, i mean fucking infected! i was ordered to take not just 1 strong antibiotic but 2 antibiotics every day for the next 10 days, 1 of which i have to take 4 times daily!!! i did the calculations this morning while taking day two of these lovely little pills and i am taking six pills per day with a total milligram quantity of 2,320 mg. daily. fuck!

so it's no wonder that my stomach feels like it's on fire and that i might hurl at any moment. think those might have something to do with it. i was running a fever too which always makes you feel extra super-dee-duper shitty but that seems to be getting better. next time i consider doing something klutzy, please try to stop me...if you can.

off to find the hack-saw. this thing is fucking killing me!!!!



exhibit a - klutzy's throbbing leg 'o pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment