Monday, January 25, 2010

January 25. 2010

behind every good woman..
current mood: impressed

**Holy shit, this blog entry is the sappiest thing I’ve ever written but it makes me smile so what the hell. I’m feeling like a good love story post. I’m like a school girl writing a love note so take it with a grain of salt. You diabetics out there best watch your insulin. This one is full of sugary goodness**


I am reminded of the saying that behind every good man is a good woman. Don’t know that I’ve ever agreed with that statement. I’m probably reading entirely too much into the literal interpretation of the word “behind”. Instead I think it should read that a woman helps her partner, standing beside him, not behind him. She becomes a genuine figure of support, love, strength, encouragement thus being regarded as an equal partner in the game of life.

So the reason I bring up this popular saying is because I feel the same can be said for a good man. They are just as rare as a really good woman. In fact, I think a really good man, a truly supportive, and warm hearted, loving man rarely gets the credit he deserves. Instead women tend to talk about the things that annoy them about the other half. I’m sure I’ve been a victim to this disease in the past but not anymore.

Instead I am filled with gratitude. Honest to goodness gratitude. Yes, he does leave up the toilet seat and he does all the other man things that would normally drive me bananas but it doesn't bother me. Not a bit. I find myself in awe of this man that so unexpectedly came into my life. His mesmerizing eyes, his precocious smile, his deep, rich voice, his unbelievably silly and random nuggets of knowledge, his incredible sexual prowess and his brilliantly misunderstood intellect to name a few. I feel like someone needs to stick a fork in me because I am done. I’m off the market. I am without a doubt, undeniably, madly and passionately in love.

Granted, I am in the initial stages of wuv sweet wuv but this guy is the real deal. Dare I say that he is my true love? There, I said it. This guy is a keeper. I am in the thick of it. I am in love and I’m filled with everything he gives to me.

I tried for a while to put on the brakes and slow down a little. In general, I can be a bit impulsive but don’t really consider myself foolish. I gave it the arms length but somehow my arms were never long enough. I have said it since day one that I had no expectations of what might become of all of this. That if he disappeared from my life that I would simply roll with the punches. Leave it behind and move on with my life. I would be sad but I was prepared for what I considered the worst case scenario.

But there is no denying that this appears to be unstoppable. I have indeed found a man that brings out the best in me. And I find myself now completely unwilling to negotiate. I will not lose what I finally found. It is not something I can hold apart from me any longer. If he disappeared, it would no longer simply roll off my back. I was fooling myself to think that it could.

Instead I am invested, deeply and wonderfully invested. Indeed my heart would break, I would go on but I would leave an enormous part of me with him. But I don’t feel vulnerable. Instead I feel powerful, lifted, and full. I intend to stand behind my man, beside him, supporting and loving him every step of the way. But I can honestly say that I would not be as good of a person, as strong of a woman, as fulfilled with my life without him helping to hold me up along the way.

Yes indeed. I do believe that behind every good woman should be this good, this genuine, this amazingly open and loving of a man. But you’ll have to find somebody else ladies. This one is very much spoken for, even when he leaves up the seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment