Monday, November 30, 2009

just an old facebook something.....

1. i'm anorexic, bulemic and a compulisive binge eater. currently i'm in the binge eating mode but i'm trying to shake it all together. i've often said that if i could take a pill and never have to think about food again that i would take it. it floods me.

2. i loath tomatoes. not just hate them or dislike food with tomatoes. i detest them to the point of obsession. really, really don't like them.

3. i love color. all color, any color, all the time. my favorite is probably green but don't tell the others.

4. hip hop music is some of my favorite music. i'm not talking about more modern rap/hiphop, although there is lots of good out there. i'm talking about de la soul, blacksheep, old school ll cool j, anything beastie boys and my all time favorite is a tribe called quest....i left my wallet in el segundo...i got to get it...i got got to get it. swear i was born in brooklyn but mother still denies it.

5. i trained as a dancer (predominantly ballet) from my 2nd birthday until i was around 16, some of which was with the florida ballet. i quit because my knees finally gave out....that and i discovered i wanted to party and have sex with boys, which is so much more fun than killing yourself in a studio 8 hours a day.

6. i have a tattoo i got during my bachelorette party in 98. it's a purple, cursive w for my husband's last name. granted, we weren't even married yet and no, i was not drunk at the time. just in love.

7. i weighed 98lbs when i graduated from high school, and i considered that really, really fat.see the anorexic note in #1. i think my left thigh weighs that now.

8. i've never been camping, hunting or fishing. i like air conditioning.

9. i like to watch jackass and i really think it would be fun to attempt some of the stunts. i also think johnny knoxville is crazy sexy.

10. this one's personal but explains so much about my struggles with lots of different issues. i am a survivor of rape and participate in some support groups here in jax. brutal, life changing, violent and cruel. it changed my very core and i am thankful for it everyday. sounds strange, but i would not be the wife, mother, friend, human being that i am if not for this.

11. i believe that forgiveness is the greatest gift you can give yourself.

12. i met my very best friend in the world on a school bus when i was 15. i should preface it by saying that neither of us were dorks but instead were in need of some wheels for a couple of months. we both met older boyfriends a few months later and never stepped foot on that bus again. back to the story. she could eat an apple without her lips ever touching the skin of the apple. i knew we would be great friends because she was everything i wasn't. she's still my best friend 21 years later. love you, you crazy apple eating whore!

13. i really don't like dogs. they smell bad. they lick you. they jump and scratch you and have bad breath. i've tried to like dogs, really i have but i just prefer cats. they are self sufficient, loners, bitchy and completely unapologetic. i respect them for it.

14. when i die, i want to be cremated and then buried in a little debbie swiss cake roll box. seriously, i've even made it part of my will even though my attorney advised me not to make such silly decisions. i told him it wasn't silly and smacked him in the head with an oatmeal pie.

15. i am not afraid of dying but hope it doesn't happen until i'm old but not too old. god has a plan so when he takes me, i'll be ready.

16. i have severe depression and anxiety yet am often considered happy go lucky. zoloft must be working!

17. whatever you want to believe is your right and you should not be persecuted because of it. if it doesn't hurt others, you are not infringing on my freedom of speech or my personal rights and space, then more power to you.

18. i believe in god and have a relationship that is strictly between me and the big man. i will not iimpose my beliefs on you nor judge you for yours.

19. i pray everyday that i am doing the right thing with my children. that they will know how much they are loved, valued and accepted unconditionally.

20. i have little to no body hair, seriously, it's weird, yet both of my children are hairy beasts. poor abby will be shaving her legs soon or we'll have to start braiding those things!

21. i hope my kids think i'm cool. i know they won't in a few years but i love the fact that they love me for who i am and don't want another mommy. talk to me in another 5 years & it will be really, really different.

22. i went to a psychologist after high school and went through a series of test to find out my strengths and weaknesses. this was in order to find out my true "calling". they told me i would be most successful as an auto mechanic or a starving artist.

23. although i believe in being faithful and that mark and i will be married the rest of our lives, i do not believe in one soul mate. i just don't get it.

24. i got my first bra in 3rd grade and was a DD by the 6th grade. sounds like fun but it was truly, truly hell growing up with that body!

25. i've never been in a physical altercation. however, i have often wanted to punch someone square in the nose. not anyone in particular but it has crossed my mind during many arguments.

26. i don't really have a filter when it comes to talking about myself. if you want to know it, i'll tell you. even if you don't want to know it, i'll probably tell you. i try not to be ashamed or embarassed of anything i've done or said in my life, but that's hard. you can't change the past. i've done some horrible things and some incredible things. do i like me all the time, no. who does? i do think i'm a work in progress and am proud to be putting one foot in front of the other every single day of my life. i just hope that i can learn from my mistakes, forgive myself and move forward to be a better woman, friend, wife, mother, human being. isn't that what we all want?

No comments:

Post a Comment